Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dans mes rêves...


For the encaustic collage project, I used an old book as the first layer, then I used pictures I took last spring break in Paris. Wax was not my favorite to use, I could not get the wax to do what I wanted it to do. Which made me decide to use the simple flag colors so that I could incorporate France more. The words in english mean "In my dreams you do not exist". I chose the words because my dream was to go to Paris. Last year I learned to say that and it became my favorite saying, then this year I heard the words in a French song that I like, which gives it more of a meaning. The words are written in india ink, covered by a layer of wax and then white oil pastel was added. This was not one of my favorite projects, but I do like how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment